STOPPING WASTE AT THE SOURCE!
We use textile waste as a raw material resource, diverting it from landfill and incineration. We become less dependent on virgin materials and we save water and energy, reducing CO2 emissions and the use of toxic materials.
WITH UNIQUE ECO SAVINGS CALCULATOR!
Once an order is completed, we’ll use our energy savings calculator to determine the amount of savings gained in the production of your socks. You will receive an excel chart showing saved amounts of pollutants, emissions, water, landfill and bottles. You will be pleasantly surprised by the results.
WHY UPCYCLED SOCKS ARE THE MOST ECO SUSTAINABLE?
THEY FORM PART OF A CIRCULAR SYSTEM: Textiles can flow through the Upcycled Textile System for many life cycles, creating long lasting, high-value products in each successive generation. Fashion, accessories and home goods are bought, used, and eventually worn-out, at which point they are returned to the Upcycled Textile System.
- Reference: Premium UPCYCLED Crew. KS04U / KS05U
- Full custom knitted with your design in up to 6 colours.
- 5 instock yarn colours available.*
- Composition: 85% Upcycled cotton for comfort, 12% polyamide for strength, 3% elastane for comfort and strength.
- Packaged as a pair with free recycled branded sock tag and individual self-seal bag.
- Minimum quantity order from 150 pairs per size and design.
- Available sizes: one size fits all for men, one size fits all for women. A one size fits most is also available. However, you can request any other sizes.
- High quality cotton results in a snug soft fit that absorbs sweat, enhances durability and offers superior comfort.
- Reinforcement in heel and toe provide durability to dramatically improve product life.
- Production lead times: from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the quantity and time of year.
- Transport: via UPS ground service within 1 week throughout the EU, or UPS Air Freight in 48 hours within the EU and USA.
- All materials used in the production of socks are responsibly sourced.
- Manufactured by Kingly in Europe to the highest quality standards.
- Care instructions: Machine wash cold on gentle cycle; do not bleach or tumble dry. Do not dry clean or iron.
- 3% of net profits of all sock orders are donated to charities.
- Terry cushioning on the sole can be added to provide great comfort and to prevent blisters and chaffing from occurring. This will reduce sock and foot pain during sports or daily workout activity.
- Ribbing can be added to prevent feet from slipping inside of the sock.
- The height of the cuff can be adjusted.
- As all socks are full custom knitted, we have a lot of flexibility, allowing us to change the technical characteristics of the socks as required*5 in-stock colours are currently available. In 2020 more colours will be introducedCURRENTLY THE AVAILABLE COLOURS FOR UPCYCLED YARN IS WHITE, ALUMINIUM, JEANS, ANTHRACITE, BLACK AND NAVY BLUE. More colours will be introduced in 2020.All types of socks can be made using upcycled yarn.
More about upcycled socks
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We have a partner company that collects textile waste, mainly used clothing and PET bottles, on our behalf.
The textile waste is cut into smaller pieces and is then shredded to recover the longest fibers possible.
This is the upcycled recovered cotton fibre made from textile waste. The colour blending process is dye-free and creates unique colours without the use of water or chemicals.
These fibers are combined with carrier fibers to help strengthen the yarn and complete the eco colour blending process.
The upcycled yarn is spun into low-impact premium yarns in a limited spectrum of colours.
We then knit the socks with the customer’s design and place them into individual self-seal compostable bags made of potato starch.
So how eco-friendly is this yarn? It is considered the most sustainable sourcing option for cotton blends available in the market today. Working with the HIGG MATERIAL SUSTAINABILITY INDEX (MSI), our partner supplier confirms that upcycled yarns generously outperform virgin equivalent yarns across all sustainability metrics.
Measuring is a principal driver of change in the industry. We need environmental transparency so we can make better choices and make a positive impact.
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE MINDBOGGLING STATISTICS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SAVINGS IN 2018
UPCYCLED YARN is free of hazardous substances. It exceeds ZDHC and Reach Compliance. These statements have been calculated through LCA work, verified by Universidad de Valencia and UNESCO.
UPCYCLING saved over 43.4 billion litres of water in 2018.
Even grown to organic standards, cotton consumes enormous amounts of water, and diverting it from waterways for irrigation has caused near-drought conditions in several areas of the planet.
UPCYCLING saved 61,155 tons of CO2 emissions in 2018.
The textile industry is one of the biggest GHG producers on earth, owing to the widespread use of petroleum-based synthetics and its huge size and scope.
UPCYCLING saved over 157 million kWh in 2018.
The estimated consumption for annual global production of 60 billion kg of fabrics boggles the mind:
1 trillion kWh of electricity and up to 9 trillion litres of water.
UPCYCLING collected over 2,924 tonnes of textile waste in 2018.
10-20% of all textiles in fashion industry are estimated to be waste.
Up to 95% of the textiles that are landfilled each year could be recycled.
UPCYCLING recycled over 4,320,318 RPET bottles in 2018.
PET is 100% recyclable and can be used for new textile products. 70% of PET bottles are not recycled, ending up in landfills or oceans.
UPCYCLING saved over 3,213 tons of toxic chemicals in 2018.
Zero dyestuffs or chemicals are used in the processing of recovered cotton fibre. Conventional dye processing is a particularly high-volume, high-impact source of water pollution and CO2, and uses a large variety of toxic chemicals.
UPCYCLING saved over 7,272,394 m3 of landfill space in 2018.
The U.S. EPA estimates that textile waste occupies nearly 5% of landfill space.